I often get asked what type of counsellor I am, what I specialise in, and where does my passion lie.
My experience, training and passion lies in working with clients suffering from mental health issues. Whether its depression or anxiety, bi-polar, postnatal depression or another illness, I have extensive experience with clients in this area.
My approach is warm and understanding of the difficult and forever changing nature of mental illness. Often, mental illness can be tied in with other issues from trauma and/or family problems.
I am very patient and able to work with complex needs (or simple ones!) as they arise.
Family therapy is another strong passion of mine. Many of the challenges we face today are tied in with family issues. Whether you are experiencing issues with one family member, a spouse, or an entire family unit, I can work closely with you to develop strategies for these challenges.
Family therapy is not just limited to couples, I also work with parent and children who are suffering from fractured relationships, and families that are facing challenges caring for another family member with mental illness or a drug addiction.
My family therapy work is solution focused and concentrates on developing strategies for managing existing problems, and ways for managing new challenges more effectively.
What else makes me tick? Apart from that I really love my job, it is also all the other challenges clients come to me with on a regular basis.
I also have a strong background in grief and loss counselling, and assisting clients with managing personal issues. Greif and loss counselling can come in many forms, this may be the loss of loved one, loss of a job, relationships, or independence. Many of these losses are painful and very difficult for some people to experience. I provide my clients with a strong support network while they are exploring their grief and provide gentle yet effective strategies for managing this if needed.
All counselling sessions are tailored to each individual client’s needs, there no ‘one fits all’ type of therapy. While I do specialise in solution focused therapy, I draw on many other modalities and ways of working.
As counselling is a collaborative process, we work in a way which best suits you. I also have extensive training and experience in Narrative therapy, and Psychodynamic therapy. Whether the challenges you are facing are short or long term issues, each session is tailored to your needs.
My name is Linda Moratto and I am a registered counsellor who runs a private practice in the heart of beautiful Healesville.
My approach to therapy is very simple, warm, non-judgmental and tailored to your individual needs. I am a solution focused counsellor that focuses on assisting you with developing strategies for whatever issues and problems you may be currently facing.
I specialise in working with clients that are suffering from mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, however, I also possess a strong background in grief and loss, and working with clients suffering from addictions. I am also available for couples and family therapy.
I possess a degree in counselling, and I am currently completing my Master’s degree in counselling and psychotherapy. In addition to this, I also hold a degree in social science and a teaching degree. This has provided me with a wonderful foundation for working with both adolescents and adults.
There are many areas that I specialise in, while this list is by no means everything. It will give you some idea of what I do.
- Counselling for clients struggling with depression and/or anxiety and other mental health issues.
- Counselling for grief and loss, this includes losses such as the death of loved one, infant loss, and counselling for family members whilst a loved one is in palliative care.
- Alcohol and drugs addictions
- Family therapy and couples counselling* Parent/child relationships
- Counselling for couples or individuals suffering from postnatal depression, including management strategies for taking home a new born.
- Workplace or schoolyard bullying
- Confidence, self-esteem and life management strategies
- Trauma relating to injury, loss, and abuse
- Issues surrounding sexuality
- Stress management
- I work with adolescents, adults, elderly, men and women.
- Generalist counselling
If there is something else you have in mind that is not on here, please do not hesitate me to ask. If it is outside of my scope of what I do, I can refer you to an appropriate service that can assist.
- REGULAR CONSULTATION
- PER SESSION FOR INDIVIDUAL COUNSELLING AND COUPLES SESSIONS.
- Fees to be paid at the time of the session. No accounts will be held.
- There is a reduced fee for those who are over 18 years of age and on a disability, student, or veteran’s pension. This varies, please contact me should you be in this circumstance.
- Please note that there is no Medicare rebate available under a mental health plan for counselling at this point in time. However, some private health insurance will offer rebates dependant on your cover. Please contact your insurer for details.